This leader in long-term health care was looking for a way to establish User Experience standards and guidelines for future implementations. We created a comprehensive design prototype that served as the foundation for all new and redesigned applications.
We collaborated with a large long term care insurance company to redesign the application that their nurses use to provide telephonic and in home assessments of patients. They also wanted to use this project as a foundation to establish a component library that could be used by their development team for future implementations.
As part of the design process, we created a high-fidelity prototype of the assessment application that could be used to validate the usability of key processes throughout the new application with target end users. This allowed us to get critical feedback and make changes to the prototype before any development work began.
The resulting prototype was used by their internal development team as a foundation for the build out of the new assessment application. It was also used to create consistency across the enterprise for future implementations.
Key Business Benefits:
- The prototype was used to establish a UX framework as a foundation for future applications to be built upon
- Our client was able to validate their approach with target end users and gain feedback before development began
- The prototype functioned as a proof of concept that demonstrated how primary processes for a number of user roles
- User research and validation
- Creation of an enterprise UX framework
- Proof of concept to aid in the development of the application